Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Strep?
I searched the web for a photo to post that would accurately depict the looks of dear Beans' throat, but they were all so gross, I was afraid I would scare my small group of posters away! As this was his 6th day of 103+ fevers, I called the pediatrician (I waited so long because he had no other symptoms and gets fevers often anyway). We went in for a quick visit and she examined him. He just sat there and as she would ask if this hurt or that hurt he would just quietly say "no." Lastly she asked him to open his mouth and he did. After a loud "OH MY." I took a look to see everything swollen and covered in white... I felt horrible, my poor, strong, little boy. She did a throat culture and he just sat there (I gag on those things). Although we don't have the results officially back yet. She is pretty sure it is STREP THROAT and is treating him with antibiotics. Knowing this now, I am noticing how he barely pipes out a single word all day and just sits quietly (not my Beans). Poor sweet boy...
Labels:
Landon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, poor little guy! Knowing me, this would happen to my 2 year old Bun and I'd have no clue. *Hugs and kisses!*
Post a Comment