Thursday, May 1, 2008

Landonator....

So here is an update on Landon... His blood work came back fine! Hooray, it is always good to hear your child is healthy! Today we met with an ENT (Ear Nose & Throat) Doctor. Basically the Dr. recommended we have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He said the other option would be to do a run of antibiotics again, but it would be unlikely to work since the blood work showed nothing bacterial. Having the surgery would eliminate many of his problems, constant congestion, frequent illness, not sleeping, headaches etc. Which in turn would make him feel so much better. He also said that Landon does have sleep apnea. We had wondered about doing this all before, but didn't want to put him under the knife unless it was totally necessary as the previous ENT we saw was much less concerned, (but he doesn't service many children either). The procedure is very simple and quick so that is good, but it is still scary thinking of putting your child under. They want to have Dr. Fong do the procedure at KGH - Anyone have good or bad things to say about Dr. Fong or doing it at KGH? After some conversations I have heard recently about local doctors I am just looking for advice.

6 comments:

meohmyers said...

I'll be sure to ask Jeff if he's heard anything. He's not here right now or I would. I'll let you know.

Sounds like a great solution though! Hope it works and Landon starts feeling like himself again!

Kasi French said...

I can't imagine being the mom and having a child go in for surgery but if it's going to make his life a bit happier - I VOTE YES! He's such a trooper!

Leslie said...

It sounds like the surgery would really help him. That's definitely nerve wracking though for parents to make the decision. Good luck with everything!

Anna said...

Id go for the surgey for sure. Its helped a few relatives of mine's little guys a lot!
Of course Id be scared if it was my baby too!

Alicia Leppert said...

Brenda,
Dr. Fong was Payson's ENT two years ago for his ears. He put Payson's tubes in, but not at KGH, it was at the surgery center. But he was GREAT! I really, really liked him. Great with kids, and made me feel so secure (I was nervous about my 2 year old going under as well). I really think you will like him. Call me if you have any questions.

Natasha said...

Kate's is also getting tubes put in by Dr. Fong next Friday in the surgery center. I liked him.