Monday, August 29, 2011

Thunder Scribbles

Yesterday

Cheznee:  "Mommy, I just saw some thunder scribbles outside that window!"

Me: "Thunder scribbles?  What are those?"

Cheznee: "They go up and down and up and down with spikes and scribbles and they are in the sky."

Me:  "Are you talking about lightning?"

Cheznee:  "No, I'm talking about real thunder scribbles!"



Today is our last day of Summer Vacation.  It is going to be bittersweet.  I will miss the ability to go with the flow and having my kids surrounding me 24/7.  I will miss never ending play time and the little tattling (sometimes screaming) voices.  I will miss slow-paced mornings, sleeping in and afternoon naps together.  I do enjoy the structure that comes with the school year and I look forward to watching them learn and grow. 

Cheznee started the day with milk and cookies for breakfast, for me it was a protein smoothie and a killer workout. It was a great summer and I am excited for the year ahead!

2 comments:

Kasi French said...

During the month with Kasi I will be sure to document all cute moments like this.

Jennifer said...

I feeling bittersweet about summer ending too, but I'm hoping the school year will bring us a chance to hang out again! Darling photo of Cheznee.