Monday, December 17, 2007

Birthday Princess!

So, our little princess turned 1! What a great day we had. In addition to our friends Nate & Mandy and their kids coming to stay for the weekend, we had quite the turnout at the party... Grandma & Grandpa, Nana & Papa, Auntie Shell, Uncle Monk, Cousin Cameron and us... Many of our family couldn't be there to celebrate with us, but we know you were thinking of Cheznee on her special day and she loves the gifts you sent! Thanks to all of you who made her day so special it means the world to us...

Considering she was fussy most of the day due to cutting 4 molars at once, Cheznee loved her cake! We had a little one just for her and she ate most of it, face first, without any help! Then she finally started grabbing handful after handful! It was so cute! The boys were never really interested in the cake... She is truly our little SWEETheart!

Getting full....


Opening gifts



I thought I better post tonight as life has been crazy! Only 7 days until Christmas... I don't know that I will get a chance to do any blogging after this until after the Holidays... For starters, I was called to be the Secretary of our church Primary... This is not as simple as it sounds right now. Recently (due to size) they split our ward (congregation). This means that we have half as many people attending church with us as we used to and the other half attends at a different time. So, half of our primary kids and workers are gone basically and we are putting it all back together. Although it has been a challenge I love the kids and the calling. I am learning so much already, making some great friends and keeping VERY busy!


Today Colton had his preschool Christmas program. It was so special! He did wonderful. He has always been so shy and afraid to "perform" in front of a group that I was absolutely SHOCKED to see him take part in the entire program. He did his parts perfectly and made me so proud. He was so lucky to have his Grandpa and Papa there too. (It's on video for the rest of you!) I almost cry thinking about it. This may sound strange, but this is the first Christmas Program any of our children have actually taken part in and it is a milestone for us.... I am so excited for the many programs and performances to come.


Tonight for our Family Home Evening we built our annual Christmas Gingerbread House! The boys loved it! They each decorated cookies to display on the house while Kenny and I did the house itself. (I know we need to overcome this, but we are to much of perfectionists to let the kids do the house - although the house did not turn out perfect it is pretty close!) We all ate our share of candy and a good time was had by all!
Merry Christmas to all of you if we don't get the opportunity to tell you that in person. We love each of you and pray daily for our friends and family. Please remember the meaning of Christmas in the hustle and bustle and take time to think of our savior and the blessings he gives us. We are so thankful for each of you and the blessings you are to us.

2 comments:

meohmyers said...

I'm so glad to find out you have a blog!!

I literally had tears well up when I read about Colton in the preschool program!!! It makes me so happy to know he feels safe and comfortable here at school. We love his tentative little personality and love watching him open up. He did do great at the program!

Kasi French said...

These kids ... so big and so dang cute! Every time I look at these pictures I get so sad that I haven't seen you guys for so long! I hope that Christmas was fabulous ... one of these, perhaps for the wedding or something? ... I'll be up there. I still vote for the trip to UT. I have a tiny place but I'm willing to share! Love you!