Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A NEW YEAR!

So what can I say… We had a wonderful holiday. We enjoyed Christmas morning at home with the kids and were able to spend time with most of our families throughout the week. We are so very blessed to be able to be near our families and spend time with them so freely, especially these special times.

Now the New Year has begun and all that goes with it. I love the idea of a fresh new year. Before Kenny went back to work we did a lot of organizing and cleaning…. I love the feeling of everything having a “place.” We even made a trip to IKEA to by those toy organizers. I absolutely love it! The kids do too! We used to have all the toys in Rubbermaid bins on the top shelf in their closet and they had to ask for a toy… This worked great – except it was constant mom can you get me this and that (up and down the stairs and up again). Now they know what goes where, although they still don’t like to put them away. So thing feel somewhat in place now.

This week I decided to set a goal (not a resolution – I have never been good at resolutions, has anyone?) So last February my mom and I joined Weight Watchers together. We both hit our lifetime goal weights the end of last year! YEAH!!! So anyway, with the move and all I have really slacked off. I am only 3 pounds over my lifetime goal weight so that isn’t too bad considering all of the holiday eating I took part in (boy, was it all so good!) I have a personal goal to lose an additional 10lbs., but need some motivation. So, I had the idea to post this on my blog with hopes that the few of you reading this will at least make me feel accountable. So each week I will post my weight loss on here! My goal is to lose 10lbs by April 1st. Here I go!

1 comment:

meohmyers said...

I've been waiting for you to update!

I LOVE Weight Watchers! It's the best program out there! It's how I lost 40 pounds myself! You can absolutely lose 10 pounds by April. It's such a great program to get back into, isn't it? Good luck with reaching your goal! I love all the pics of your cute kiddos!!