Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What to do with a SNOW DAY or TWO!

It is true! We had 2 snowdays in a row. Sunday we received about 8 inches of snow on top of at least 1 inch of freezing rain. Church was cancelled so we spent the day at home together. What a great feeling it is to have no where to be, but home with family.

That evening I surprised the boys with a fun little project I had heard of through a friend of mine (Thanks for the idea Kim). It is called "Spring in a Can." That is exactly what we needed on a snow day! This is the perfect project for kids or you kids at heart! They did it all on their own with my instructions. It was so much fun!!! Here is how it turned out. Those adorable little paint cans are the cutest! I love how Landon was making sure he had nothing left in the can.

Every day (usually 2-3 times per day) they want to look and see if their little seeds have sprouted. Nothing yet, but hopefully soon.

Monday, was another snow day and the schools were closed (YEAH, Daddy's home). The sun was out for a bit and Landon was terrified all day that the snow was going to melt and we would not be able to build a snowman (thanks to the snowman song....) That afternoon the boys and I bundled all up (mind you, I DESPISE the cold) and made a snowman. The snow was so dry, not great for snowman making... So, it was decided a baby snowman would do. We would like you to meet "Butch" the baby snowman.



As fun as the last few days have been, I REALLY hope spring comes soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love "Butch" the snowman. I'm jealous, we didn't get but a light dusting of snow at our house. All around us got inches... It was pretty though. Hey, where was my little brother during the snowman building?