Thursday, April 24, 2008

Be Thankful...

Today Is Thankful Thursday, and as much as I don't want to I am trying to remind myself to be thankful today.

1. I am thankful for that little old man that I ran into in Costco today, he spotted my unruly children and asked if they were for sale. I responded "just for today!" He smiled and passed by me never to be seen again. I swear he was an angel! It had been a tough morning and when he asked me that question I began to think about the fact that no matter how out-of-control my monsters are, I would never sell them. What can I expect anyway.... I drag them to Costco make them walk by all the amazing toys and things they want and always say no you can't have that. How cruel!

2. I am thankful for this friend, who rises before dawn 2 days a week to lift weights with me at the gym, and posted this great post here (it was just what I needed to hear today).

3. I am thankful for naptime. Enough said!

4. I am thankful for spring foliage. Isn't it great to look outside and see texture on everything instead of dead stringy looking branches?

5. I am stretching it here - but I am thankful for Motrin... Landon is sick again with his fevers and it is the only thing that comforts him. I am coming to find out that he gets these episodes every 3 weeks (High Fever and white spots on his throat - not strep). He is going to the Dr. tomorrow again, this time more in-depth, for bloodwork etc. So tonight I am praying for answers.

6 comments:

Kasi French said...

It's amazing how grateful we can be for the little things ... like this blog!! I am sure the Costco adventure was exactly that ~ how I wish I could see these kids! But YAY for the modern technology of blogs and the digital camera! Miss you!

Anna said...

I love sweet old people, not the ones who glare because they think your kids need a spanking! I ran into a cute old man in Rite Aid the other day and it made my day. I dont think being thankful for Motrin was to bit of a stretch, what would we do without it?
Thanks for the tip that the downeast swimsuits were up, I had just checked not long ago! Now I have to decide between one of those and one at Shadeclothing.com.
I think Ill let the government stimulus check but it for me-I have to do my part for the economy you know!

Alicia Leppert said...

When it rains, it pours, huh? I will keep Landon in my prayers. Nothing is worse than having sick kids...except having sick kids for prolonged periods and not knowing why. How awful. I am so sorry. Motrin is the only thing that gets rid of my kids' fevers. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Natasha said...

I'm loving that we are seeing more green and hoping that poor Landon will get a reprieve!

Anna said...

Yea, Im kind of leaning towards the shades ones now. They have bottoms that go up high to keep you love handles in and Im all about that. Also, the Tankinis look a bit longer. They are a little more money but if it fit better it would be worth it.

Kristi said...

I'm sorry about Landon's mystery condition. I hope you can get some answers soon! It's no fun being in the dark. I agree that N.W. is a wonderful friend to be thankful for. What troopers you both are to get up as early as you do to work out! I'm impressed. Also, I'm always grateful for spring blossoms, too!