Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Going on a CAMPPOUT!


Sticks and sleeping bags and ants

Dirty hands and grass-stained pants

Gathering wood and piling up leaves

Carrying toilet paper and finding a tree

Sitting by a fire and dodging the sparks

There's nothing greater than

The great outdoors after dark.

-Gina Marie Lauchner



I was excited until I started packing for 6 days with 3 little kids in the great outdoors and then I realized I would be unpacking it ALL soon and washing ALL of it - Urrrrrh! Good thing they will be living in swim suits... As for camping, I really DO enjoy it, as long as there is a shower and running water (we will have both)! No squatting behind a tree for me!


Be back in a few...

8 comments:

Shayla said...

Oh, camping used to be fun until I had to pack for a bunch of kids and the clean up after it's all over, you are so right. Have fun!!

::lindsay said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

Jan said...

Looks like a blast. Have a great time.

Alicia Leppert said...

I am trying to figure out who that baby is in the first picture. That cannot be Cheznee, it looks like Colton as a baby. Are these old pictures? Am I going crazy?

Nicole said...

How fun for you guys! I can't wait to hear all about it! Does this mean you won't be at volleyball? Sad.

Brenda said...

Nicole - sorry I missed volleyball - again!

Alicia - That is baby Colton - Yes, these are old pics - I will post new ones when the laundry is done, say NEXT WEEK!

Anna said...

Camping with 3 kids-yep, you are pretty much my hero. Hope it was a fun one, I love the pic of Colton, he looks like a mini of his dad.

Leslie said...

I just went to girls camp with 7 girls, but I still think you beat me camping with three little kids! I pretty much had a whining free week so it was vacation all the way. Hope yours was fun too. I'm sure the memories you made with the kids will be fun for them.