I am not sure how to handle my 1st little one going off to school. I am excited for him one minute and almost in tears the next. Is this normal? I told him that I was going to miss him while he was at school and he was sure to inform me that he would see me a lot on the weekends, like dad!
I guess it is time to send him off to start in the world. All we can do is continue to teach him along the way, be supportive and be involved. We are a tight family, so I know he will never feel alone...even though I feel alone as my baby bird is flying out of the nest for the first time. I can still remember him nestled safely in my arms like it was yesterday. Because he was the first he has spent the most time in my arms and I was lucky to get to hold him through almost every nap if I wanted to.
Step into the world Colton, we are with you all the way!
Pictures of all the days events come tomorrow...
9 comments:
All these little birdies flying away makes me sad too.
So that's what it is I've been doing the past couple days? We've been cleaning out and reorganizing bedrooms and closets, too. :-) Good luck and get lots of pictures tomorrow!
What a tear-jerker post! I think it is completely normal to be excited and sad at the same time. It's always scary sending them out from the safety of our homes into the big, bad world. But that's when we have to have faith that everything will be all right and Heavenly Father will protect the innocence of our sweet little ones.
I am experiencing the same thing!! Except my short, stubby man still fits in his jeans from last year! funny! Dyl is just starting preschool this year and I am having issues with it! How do they grow so fast? I think that the first is always hard because we have spent the most alone time with them...man where have the days of napping when they nap gone?!
OK--so I have told the kids every day for the last week that we were going to go through dressers and closets and it never happened. All you ladies are wayyy ahead of me. How old was he when he started walking!? He looks so young!
Oh, I cannot believe you have one in school already!! Wow that is so crazy! How cute that he is comforting you!! Aletha sent Brynlee off to Kinder and took a ton of pictures and sent them to me and I started crying (even if I am a little more emotional than normal) so I can only imagine when it's my kid...
Wow, it is hard to believe that my little brother's (and wonderful sister-in-law's) first is going to school. Colton is such a smart kid he will do great. Thanks for the post and the memories. It seems like just yesterday when we were all at Wenatchee Valley for his arrival.
Amy - Colton started walking at 8-1/2 months old.
Oh I am sooo not looking forward to next year! I'm sure once I have this baby I'll be ready for some break time but still!
Post a Comment