Why is it that I can't be one of those moms that is up at the crack of dawn, has her workout in, face one, kids dressed and ready and at the bus stop with a smile on her face by 8?
Because, I cannot stand mornings, especially MONDAY mornings!!!
No matter what I do to try to make myself like them I still do not like them! I admit it does feel so good to get up, work out and be ready early, but I can't come to make myself do it on a consistent basis. I keep blaming this on the fact that for a number of years I HAD to get up and do all of this with little babies (sleep deprived most of the time) every morning before I went to work. Now I don't work in an office I have developed the attitude of "I don't HAVE to get up early if I don't want too!" I just don't enjoy the "getting up and ready routine." What is my problem! Do, I need to give up my late night "me time" or what? Really... I want to like mornings, but I don't know how to like them...
6 comments:
Here here! I do feel so much better on the mornings that I get up and get going but it is oh so hard! It is much easier to sit on my lazy behind and read blogs.
this is totally me! Until Dylan started morning preschool I didn't wake up until the kids made me get out of bed! And I definitely wasn't ready to leave the house until a bit before noon!! I use to feel guilty about it...but now that I HAVE to be up I see how wonderful it was! Who cares if you aren't ready until YOU want to be!! I miss my late mornings!
Seeing how I don't quite have the option of waking up ... dang that grown-up job ~ I find that the closer I go to bed at my wake up time the more I want to kill myself during the day ... so don't do that! Love you!
This has been probably the hardest thing for me about being a mom, and I'm not exaggerating. The lack of sleep in general, and not being able to sleep whenever I want (no naps, etc.) It KILLS me. I am a girl who needs a lot of sleep and when I don't get it I am, well, not happy. I've gotten a little better at waking up early, but mostly because I don't have babies and can sleep in until I absolutely have to get up to get Macy out the door in time. And because I know in a few hours I can probably take a nap. That really helps. I feel your pain.
I feel like I wrote this blog entry. I could copy and paste it to my blog that's how much the same I feel about it. I think every night, ok, tomorrow morning I am going to get up and be showered before my kids get up. Since they get up at 6:30 a.m. and want to eat right away I go downstairs, get them a bowl of cereal, turn the cartoons on and go back to bed. I know, Mother of the Year, it's just too hard to be up all night with a baby and then get up that early...
I hear you. I have never been, nor do I ever plan on being one of those moms who gets her workout in, her face on, etc. before 8am. But I do fantasize about it. I think it's one of those things that we beat ourselves up too much about. Check out Mosiah 4:27. It makes me feel better about not being the mom I fantasize about being... because in reality, she is INSANE!
Post a Comment