Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tranquil Mow - ment

Yesterday I mowed our entire lawn "all by myself" as my kids would say. Kenny is working late all week, so I did him a favor, being the wonderful wifey I am! The kids ran wild in the yard, garage, street and house... and I mowed hoping we would all survive. I never thought I loved the sound of a lawnmower so much as I did last night (I used to get so irked when I would hear them early on a Saturday morning). I think the best part was that the sound muffled the screams of my kids... (Are my kids the only one that seem to scream? Landon picks on Cheznee and she screams and then Colton picks on Landon for picking on Cheznee and then he wails and then I come in and by then they all are screaming!) My neighbors probably enjoyed the lawnmower muffling the screaming as well!

Not only did I get in a good hour of "A Mower Pushing Walk" and some tranquil thinking time, my kids learned some independence and lived through it!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

anything around here to muffle the screaming would be a good thing! I'd mow the lawn too if I didn't get crazy sneezing & mucus overloaded hayfever.

Shayla said...

Hey! I did the same thing this week! Right down to the "I'm such a great wifey" part. Nate's in school again and doesn't have any extra moments to spare. Luckily for me, I only had one home at the time and she didn't so much scream as she did whine by the side of the yard asking when I was done yet. That lawnmower is good for masking the whiny sounds, too. :-)

Natasha said...

Great mow-ment.

Kathy and Steve said...

Loved the mow-ment post, I mow our lawn pretty much every weekend because I enjoy it. Granted my lawn is way smaller then yours.

Sorry you are a school widow this week.

Hugs!

Kasi French said...

When I grow up I want to be like Brenda I've decided :)

Alicia Leppert said...

I love to mow my lawn. I get a break from the kids and it's just satisfying. And yes, my kids are pros at making each other scream.