So, today was the 3rd day of school and not a charm in sight! Colton had a horrible experience yesterday after riding the bus to school (somehow he got lost and was left on the playground alone or something ~ that is the most we could get out him). He was found crying and got to class fine, and came home like normal. Today he refused to ride the bus to school and refused to go to school ever again (do you blame him?). So, I took him to school wishing I could just keep him with me. After clinging to my leg and refusing to go to class we had a chat with the counselor, a personalized tour, and a mommy meltdown (headache and lack of sleep - oldest child separation issues), we parted and all was well. He went to class fine and came home happy as ever?!?!? We will see what Tuesday brings.
Hopefully his fear will be washed away by the fun memories we will make at SILVERWOOD!
9 comments:
That's horrible about being left alone on the playground! How did that happen, I wonder? I'm so glad he came home happy though. He's being so brave.
You guys will have the BEST time in Silverwood! He'll surely forget all about school this weekend!
That's so sad! He's resilient I'm sure all will be well on Tuesday morning. Have fun this weekend.
Oh Brenda, that stinks...I bet it was harder on you than him, though. :-) I always stress and worry way more than I need to. They come home happy and I realize my entire day of worrying was for nothing. We almost decided to go to Silverwood this weekend, how fun if we had run into each other. We decided on a mountain cabin on the lake instead. Have lots of fun!!
Blasted bus. They all need to be outlawed. Sorry he had such a horrible experience. But kids bounce back fast. Faster than us :)
What a sad experience. It's good though that everything went well when he went back. Poor guy. I think a day at Silverwood will definitely lift his spirits. Have fun!
At first I didn't get your "not a charm in site" but then it came to me and it made me smile. I am so sorry that happened! Let's hope for a successfull second week!
Aw. Colton is soo cute. Backpack and all! The picture you sent us of Me, Madeline and Colton at Halloween was so cute. That was a long time ago. I can't believe "Buddy" is now in Kindergarten! He is so big.
I hope to see all of you guys soon. I saw Kenny and Cheznee when we stayed at your house for my soccer tournament. But I want to see the little guys. And you of course!
Hope all is well. And good luck with selling your house.
Emily Wallace
That is the worst story ever. Good thing he's a boy. I don't think a girl, or at least me, would have bounced back so fast.
Oh my goodness ... I can hardly picture this little guy old enough for school ... playground ... and everything else that is right around the corner. Again, I'm reminded that I need to get up!! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment