Friday, December 5, 2008

Clorox Cleaned Us Out!

A few months back a great friend of mine made a recommendation of some toilet tablets made by Clorox that you place in the tanks of your toilets. I liked the whole idea of the "self-cleaning toilet" (who wouldn't). So, I immediately ran to Costco for a jumbo supply of them. I must say my bathrooms were constantly filled with that "just cleaned" smell and it was fabulous to have 3 sparkling clean bowls in our home.
Great! NOT SO! Within a few months ALL of our toilets were leaking water in the tanks. Apparently the tablets were "eating" the seals. After a $25 trip to Home Depot and some handyman work, my hubby fixed 2 of the toilets and broke 1 in the process - so after another $200 visit to HD and some DIY on installing a toilet (not to mention an entire Saturday wasted) we replaced the broken potty...
After this I was FLAT MAD! I decided to contact Clorox about the situation as everywhere I read about the tablets online was BAD NEWS for you toilet inners and the use of them voids most toilet warranties (BEWARE!). Clorox said that it wasn't their problem and that we should have installed chemical resistant seals in our tanks PRIOR to using the tablets. Seriously, who does this???
Now I was STINKIN FLAT MADDER!
Knowing the greatness of Costco and their customer service I decided to let them know of the situation. They were amazing, contacted corporate and gave me back my $$$. Can you believe it! I am still MAD at Clorox, but I am letting it go!
On a brighter note, my kids were ecstatic about the new toilet box play house!

2 comments:

Megan said...

OH NO!!! Probably a tip from me...sorry, we haven't had any problems. Who knew--they should put a warning on the box!!!

Kristin said...

Cheznee has HAIR! And it's BLONDE! She looks so grown-up and BEAUTIFUL!