This week I have visited countless stores and websites for inspiration! What did I get...a handful of paint chips and 2 magazines. Not so inspired - yet.
So here it is! The DILEMMA Room. (please ignore the toys and the little girl sleeping on the loveseat. - These are BEFORE pictures anyway...Right?)


Yep, it is pretty cold & blah! I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to work with the pillows I have now, as they are fairly brand new and the furniture of course. I love my couches and chair and this $18 table. SO my color scheme will have to involve blue/brown and gold - maybe I can add something a little more lively to the mix (red - oh how I LOVE red).
These are "currently" the curtains we have. We have two 72" wide windows in this room which have really nice view of our backyard so we really wanted to keep them open so we opted to not put the wide white wooden blinds in these windows (they are too heavy to open when they get that big and I didn't want to look through slats all the time.) I have decided that these curtains MUST GO! They are really nice, but just to formal for my taste. So what to do....
Maybe I will go with these (below) which I have in the connecting dining room - basically for looks, and put blinds up too? Or maybe roman shades or something similar (We need to be able to close them for privacy at night.)
I thought of painting a wall the "ice blue" color, but that is not happening. Maybe a soft gold or darker tan. I really don't want the room any more dreary... Maybe I need some more Yellow and or a red accent. I am thinking of maybe a golden color on the 2 walls on each side of the fireplace... Hmmmm...am so perplexed! I just don't know where to start. Grrrrrrrrrrr, I am usually full of ideas, but I am now full of frustration.
Maybe I just need to go Here (above) and sit and think for a bit with a bowl of ice cream or a diet Pepsi. HGTV here I come.
6 comments:
I love your table!!! I think that should be your whole inspiration for the room. If you like red...go for it! I painted our bedroom red a few years back and I just DID IT. I thought my husband was going to hate it. But it makes the room so warm that even years later I simply change a few of the smaller decore elements and get a new bedspread and I still love the color. It's just pain...just a day or two of work that is easily changed!
So jealous of the HGTV watching...I like to come up with excuses to visit my mom so I can watch it!
Your colors are exactly like the ones my mom had in her Etown house. She stuck with plain blah tan walls and put up some cute pics of old country farm with big black frames. Her kitchen was a bright blue/green...not blue, not green, but a very cool mix of the two. VERY cute. They had some country art that had the blue/gold/brown/maroon/ etc colors at tenderhearttreasures.com. you can totally throw in some red...or burgandy/maroony color. OR yellow, I think they all look great together.
I'll have to find you a pic, it ties everything in very well....Good luck
maybe its tenderheart.com.....
I'm not a designer ~ but I'm pretty sure my favorite thing in this room is the little stranger on the couch! GOOD LUCK! I'll come visit only when it's completed ;)
Um hi!! I had NO idea you were expecting again!! That is so exciting! Congratulations.
HGTV is one of my favorite places.
Can't wait to see the after pictures!
Also, I just read Alicia's comment (did you know that Alicia and Amy are Donald's cousins?) Anyways....I didn't know you were expecting either!!!
Congrats!!
Post a Comment