Yes, you may say it is another blah-blah-blog post for back to school, but I guarantee to all the mommies out there it is WAY more than that. So here it goes!
The night before, while giving the boys haircuts there was a discussion.
Landon: Why does Colton get to be the first one to go to school?
Me: Because he is older, he will always go to school 2 grades ahead of you.
Landon: It isn't fair, how come he gets 2 recesses and lunch at school?
Me: When you are in 1st grade you will get 2 recesses and lunch at school Landon.
Landon: I want to be First (the story of Landon's poor "middle child" syndrome life right now).
Me: Guess what! You will get to do everything first before Cheznee!
Landon: BIG Grin ...giggle...
Colton's first day back to school photo... (cheezy, I know, but that is the best he would do for me).
We have 3 extra kids living with us for the week (and their dad) so the first day was a bit more complex then normal. 3 different school start and end times and 4 different schools... We filled up the van and started out at 7:40 a.m. We arrived at Colton's school and what do I see out front? A wonderfully organized mother snapping 1st day photos of her kiddos in front of the school - lightbulb - "AHHHHHH I forgot 1st day photos!!!" Being that we were 20 minutes early, we quickly ran home and with A TON of bribery and begging I snapped this fabulous shot!

Notes of the day:
- Colton held my hand all the way from the parking lot to his classroom door, where he gave me a BIG HUGE HUG, a look of fear and asked me to stay by him in line. (I cherish this as it could end at any moment!)
- His Camo Lunchbox: Turkey and cheese sandwich with mayo only, sunchips, cookies and a Capri sun. So far cold lunch is preferred, but Hot Pepperoni Pizza is the plan for Wednesday!
- After school: He stated that the BEST part of his day was lunch and his 2 recesses of course!
- Came home exhausted, played the Wii to wind down ate dinner and asked to go to bed.
It was a GOOD day!
4 comments:
Oh man...first grade is such a big step! All day long with lunch and two recesses! I love that he would still hold your hand and give you a big hug...he is as sweet as he is cute!
How exciting and so cute! Is Tony staying with you?
Chelsea-Yep the whole crew except Shelby & Jake!
I too am holding on to the moments where my kids still 'need' me.
What a wonderful post :) Even the cheezy grin.
Post a Comment