Saturday, August 15, 2009

Today is your day!

Wow, 7 years! It just seemed like yesterday I was all giddy about being a NEW MOM! My life changed the moment our eyes met. Our sweet little "starter child" has grown into such a caring, honest and loving boy. Every day I get to see you grow and learn. You have such a desire to do good and truly care for others. You have taught me how to be a mother and have always tolerated my not-so-shiny mother moments with unconditional love. Every day we continue to learn so much from each other. I cannot wait to see what this next year will bring.

Happy 7th Birthday Colton!

Your likes: Chocolate anything. Clam chowder in a bread bowl and shrimp. Star Wars - Wii games, lightsaber fights, movies, action figures. Drawing pages and pages of paper & ink artwork. You have a serious talent of making amazing sound effects while you draw - I can just see the gears turning. "Fresh" clean sheets on your bed. Individual slices of Costco pizza on your own paper plate - not in a box! Cherry Slushies from Sonic. Rollarcoasters - all that stops you is your height! Jumping on trampolines. Waverunners, tubing, playing baseball, soccer, golfing with daddy or papa, swimming, silly dancing & bike rides. Your brother and sister. Hugs and cuddles. Friends & playdates. Your puppy, Jaxon.

Your Dislikes: Going anywhere in the car. "Slobbers," you will not share any food products or utensils. Being the center of attention. Being woken up by your brother's Opera singing. Peanut butter. Spiders. Boredom!


What's new: You FINALLY took the leap and learned to ride a bike without training wheels this summer - you were so proud of this and so was I! You are becoming a very good swimmer. You jump off the diving board without fear, you can hold your breath underwater for a really long time and crawl stroke across the pool without touching once! A few weeks ago you were asked to say the prayer in Primary - and you DID it, such a big moment for you...I was moved to tears. You have a new love for Marionberry Jam on toast. School starts in a couple weeks and you will go all day - very exciting for you, although mommy is a bit saddened to think of you being away for so long.

Nicknames:
Bug-a-boo or Spud

Mommy's Favorites: Your sincere hugs and "I love you's" fill my heart with joy. The best part is knowing that you really mean it. I love how you are learning so much, so fast. The love you have for your siblings. You adore your sister and will do almost anything for her. You are her protector, to see you holding her hand melts me. You have such a desire to teach you brother new things, although you may get frustrated you continue to try. You have shared a room with him since he was 18 months old and the thought of not having him near is terrifying to you. You are my BIGGEST helper. Your love of babies. Your desire to make good choices and seeing you choosing to follow the Savior on your own is a blessing to witness.

I love you more and more each day!

No comments: