I find it quite entertaining when people spot me out and about with my kids and make comments such as...
"WOW, you have your hands full!" ( I really like how WOW is so enthusiastic) Yes, my hands are full most of the time and I am grateful for that. I would much rather have them FULL than empty - wouldn't you? I have been blessed for sure with sweet children who everyday fill my hands with love, entertainment, challenges, innocence and learning...
"Good Luck" (What is that supposed to mean anyway) Just this weekend someone said this to me upon finding out I had 4 kids... I still haven't figured it out - and I am sure he found the expression on my face humorous. If you know what it means you could enlighten me.
"You must be busy" (Well, duh!) This is a funny one... Much like the first I'd rather be busy than bored. Yes, 4 kids keep you busy and I love it, usually! I can say that being busy all day has it's advantages... I never have trouble falling asleep, because I am always exhausted! A vacation somewhere tropical with a good book and no one screaming or whining is much more rewarding when you have had months and months of busy-ness.
I once had a lady tell me that I didn't put enough sunscreen on my 2 month old because his skin was too tan - I was in shock and speechless... She was very bold to suggest this to a new mom still in the height of post-partum hormones and is very lucky I was speechless... (Landon was born dark and blessed with a Portuguese complexion).
Lately I have had the GREAT opportunity to hear more and more of these kinds of comments, and I love it! It makes me grateful for motherhood and each time I take a moment to reflect on how blessed I am. Plus, it is "adult conversation," and what mom doesn't need more of that?
4 comments:
did that lady know you aren't suppose to put sunscreen on a 2 month old? I am always amazed by what people say sometimes! Glad you are loveing it though. I think we need more pics of that baby of yours!!!
Don't you just LOVE that... the other day I had someone say wow you are done early and I thought done with what she then said you are done having kids right?!! Some people have their priorities all screwed up!
I've been meaning to tell you just how crazy you are!! And by crazy I mean the better half of one of my favorite couple-crushes, who I admired with 2 kids and now stand a bit in awe of with 4! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!
You have such a good attitude about people's comments. I too walk away dumbfounded sometimes at the boldness of people's comments and what they think of how I am doing as a mom. It's so funny these days how people think that 3 and 4 kids is a lot. Two of my sister-in-laws come from 10! I need to adopt that good attitude instead of getting irritated :)
Post a Comment