Monday, January 24, 2011
Weekend at home - Part 2
Part 2: Ahhh Saturday... nothing like sleeping in after multiple sleepless nights with sick little ones. Yes, I have the best hubby ever! He always lets me sleep in on Saturday and I LOVE it! Got up late, all were fed and dressed and the place was spotless (thanks to his obsessive cleaning disorder - you know you are jealous!) All was going well, almost like being on vacation! I scanned the room absorbing the blessings all around me. With a smile on my face - it was gonna be a good day. And it was for the most part...Until, the dreaded staple incident.... You see, Landon (our king of the DIY projects) got into my stapler to make a very interesting paper hat and in his use of said stapler left droppings of staples all over the floor. After "project time" we tidied up and got ready to cuddle up with a movie... Then, it happened, I noticed Miss Paige gagging, which is nothing new given her current ailment - but then it was no longer the usual "get this slime out of my throat gag." So, I patted her back swiftly and to my dismay out flew a staple, prongs out and all! This may seem trivial, but if you know me very well, you know I don't do gagging, puking, choking or anything else that causes something that went or is going down to come back up again - so this was horrific for me. I quickly scooped her up in my arms to comfort her (and myself) in hopes that she had only eaten one, all while trying to erase the visions of staples lining my sweet baby's esophagus and stomach. Poor dear. Then I remembered what the Dr. had told us when Landon (also the king of putting inedible items in his mouth) swallowed a quarter - yes a quarter...After first reprimanding us for giving our 4 year old a quarter stating that children should only be paid in dollars (good point, but I am a tightwad - so whatever spare change I can dig out of the bottom of my purse is what they get) she said "clear fluids." So I forced fluids and all is well, well, unless I find a dreaded staple in her diaper - OUCH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can hardly wait for Part #3 "The Benadryl Incident" and Part #4 "Sinus Rinse Sunday"!
Still one of the best Moms I know!
This sounds like my Saturday. They are a lot alike, we are lucky girls!
You know my brother and I share the OCD issue.... No one seems to complain at my house either... Glad all is well and you will have to keep us posted on Miss Paige..
Yikes!! Staples in the diaper--that can't have been pleasant for poor Paige. :) You are such a good sport!
I love your new template and love that you are blogging. I miss you, so this is an unhealthy, virtual way I can get more of you in my life!
Post a Comment