Monday, December 3, 2007

Thanksgiving in P-Town and The Weekend in E-Town

We have had such a great past few weeks and have been blessed to spend time with most of our family already during this holiday season. I hope to get some photos posted soon!!! Maybe naptime today.

We stayed here in P-Town for Thanksgiving. Normally we travel here, but now that we live here it was nice to sleep in our own beds, but still have the joy of seeing everyone. Of course we ate more our share of yummy food, and napped and played games. Thanksgiving is so fun. Every year during the hustle and bustle I just like to sit and observe and take time to reflect on how much we have to be thankful for. We have had a crazy year, but when I look at all the changes and things that we have gone through, they have all worked out and I can see the blessings among them. I love the song "Count your Blessings" I think it is really important that we literally "name them one by one" as we think of our blessings. I have noticed that when I do this not only does it lift me spiritually it makes me see so many more things I am thankful for.
So all in all the food, family and of course 4AM Black Friday shopping was Great!!!

This past weekend we went to visit E-Town and my family. My sister convinced Kenny and I to do a "Jingle Bell" fun run with her. It was cold, snowy, icy, and did I mention cold! We did have fun and got shirts to prove we braved the cold. After that I went and did a little Christmas shopping downtown with my mom in the fun little shops there and of course made a trip to Wal-Mart! We then returned home to "rest & warm up" while watching a chick flik - I don't know how we accomplished to get control of the TV during football season, but we did for about 2 hours! That evening we bundled everyone up to go see the Christmas light parade and fireworks show. The kids had so much fun.... They had bonfires on the street corners downtown to keep everyone warm... and it snowed during the parade...very nice atmosphere. The boys were really funny about the parade... Colton would run out to pick up cany but only pick up the pieces that were not broken... Landon just stood there with his hands over his ears most of the time.... I'll post some photos.

So we left the "blizzard" to return home again to warmer weather, wind and rain. I always hate leaving my family... I miss them so much, especially this time of the year. It does comfort me that they are close and we will be seeing them quite a bt over Christmas. I think they will be ready for us to go home!

No comments: