So let's just say I took a blogging hiatus... Not that the past 24 days have been full of "nothing to blog about moments," just too full to blog... I think the warmer weather turned me into a spring chicken as I have been cleaning like crazy! I feel like the "nesting mode" has hit without a chick on the way.
So this month, we found a new pediatrician who I am extremely pleased with. Our first appointment she solved Landon's what we thought was a cold and snoring problems! He still is a grumpy bug a lot, but is sleeping better and can make it until naptime most days without acting completely exhausted. He has this. So with a new pillow, full-time humidifier and a little help from Zyrtec and Nasonex he seems much less miserable. Speaking of Zyrtec...we went to pick up the prescription at Wal-Mart and was told that our insurance would not cover it. So I paid $60 for a 1 month supply of the children's version. I was then told to call the insurance company for a reimbursement. After calling I was told that they would not cover it as the product was available over-the-counter. I was very disappointed that my pharmacist did not tell me this! I found it at Costco for $17 for 2 months supply! I just don't get how they can get away with selling something as a prescription for almost 8X the price when you can buy it over-the-counter. Needless to say, the Wal-Mart pharmacy will be hearing from me!
President's day weekend we made a trip to the Oregon Coast. This was our first getaway as a couple (without kids) in over a year and it was a wonderful reprieve. We had a great time and the weather was amazing! There were kids in shorts on the beach! I think I found my new favorite Oregon Coast getaway PACIFIC CITY. There was lots of SUNSHINE, SHOPPING, SAND, FOOD and NO WIND! The house we rented was beautiful. This was the best beach spot I have been to. There are huge dunes, (kids were sledding down them on saucer sleds having a great time), tide pools just a short walk away, a GINORMOUS sand hill to climb and breathtaking views. Shopping was only 17 miles away and there is always the Tillamook Cheese factory! I will post some pics later.
There was a down side to our trip... The kiddos safely nestled in the arms of their grandparents were little poopers and pukers while we were gone... Not so much fun for them. Although I can say that I DID NOT miss cleaning up there yucky messes. I hated not being there to hold them and comfort them. Although I know they were loved and cared for greatly.
So these are just a few of our HIGH and LOWS for the month. Have a great WEEK!
1 comment:
I'm here ... just too dang busy to update the blog but it's on the to-do-list for next week! I miss you guys so much! How do you upload videos, apparently I'm retarded or something :) LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment