2 spring breaks, a pergola, 61 grasses, shrubs & plants, 8 trees, 1 sick child, 1 trip to Grandma's, a garden, a painted shed and a trampoline later I am back to blogging and now need a VACATION!
Some Shrubs happily placed...
A Nice Shed that now matches our house.

One of our 2 Square Foot Gardens, just waiting to be planted and hopefully produce some PRODUCE.

A Christmas Gift that is now enjoyed!
So this may be the most BORING post ever, but it is a record of our life, so happy reading!
Spring Break #1
We started the 1st week with Kenny Home, a list and a High Fevered-sick Landon (yes again, this is his 3rd time in 2 months with the same, yucky throat, high fever, puke stuff...poor boy).
Sunday & Monday: Kenny spent the days helping his dad build a pergola.
Tuesday - Thursday: I painted the shed while Kenny built our garden boxes, then we put together the boy's Christmas gift from my former boss and our very close friend.
Thursday - Saturday: We had planned to do our "planting spree" towards the end of the week as the forecast had been calling for some nicer weather. I love working in the yard in NICE weather! But then Thursday came and so did the clouds, wind and cold. We were outside in our coats freezing, yet we planted & planted & planted. We are striving for "simple and low-maintenance," but I don't know if that is possible with 61 shrubs and 8 trees!
Spring Break #2
Sunday - Wednesday: Kenny headed for a conference in Spokane all alone and I headed to Grandma's house with the kids. I was excited for a few days out of the house. We had a great time, but the weather kept us confined indoors with 3 boys under 6 and Cheznee. Did I mention my mom's home is for sale and so we were also attempting to keep it "looking presentable." I enjoyed my family's company and the kids enjoyed seeing their cousin and Nana, but it was BUSY! It was mostly my mom and I with the 4 kids 24X7. My brother was their in the mornings, but worked nights, so the evenings left us EXHAUSTED! Kenny called me a few times to let me know he had to go shopping - stinker!
Wednesday Night: Downtime FINALLY! Kenny took me on a date to dinner and some SHOPPING.
Thursday: Well, here I am back to a routine at home. I kinda like the routine... But did I mention I wanted to go somewhere warmer... It is only Thursday so there is still hope to Break-Free! Maybe this weekend... hmmmmm...
6 comments:
we saw you working like busy bees over there. the results are GREAT. here's to warmer weather:)
Thanks for sneaking over to my blog! You are a busy one too!
But....I have to say......cute kids! I love blonde hair and brown eyes! Cutie!
As for AI....I would win over Davey....cause...I am older than you and smarter than you.....! JK!
He is a cutie! Good luck to him...and I hope he rids of his dad soon!
I haven't talked to anyone who hasn't had the same kind of spring break--anything but relaxing, usually because of sick kids. Ours was anything but a break. We have the pukes over here, too. :(
Wow! Look at all your hard work! It looks fantastic! I love the little bench in the back. And your squares look great! What are you going to plant in them?
You guys were some motivated Spring Breakers. I so need to paint my shed!
love the yard! i can't wait till we are established enough to do a yard!
Post a Comment