Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Sweet Baby Girl...

The other day I had one of these moments. You know the one when you look at your baby and realize that they are no longer a baby. Their face has changed and they are bigger than you thought. Although you hear others say how big they have gotten, you subconsciously choose to ignore it. I have had this moment with each of my kids, and as much as I love to see the little people they are becoming it makes me kind of sad. I guess with each new child I hold out hope that this won't happen. Am I the only one that suffers this strange denial?

Well, this time it has seemed a bit harder for me to deal with than with the boys. I wonder if it is because she has been such an easy baby since birth that I am worried her temperament will change with this advancement to toddlerhood. I couldn't wait for my boys to be more independent (they were a bit difficult as babies). I think this growing up thing is hard for me as I see how harsh the world is becoming and I am afraid for them. I had great parents and I worry that I may not be good enough for my kids to make it! I know we all have this fear and all we can do is the best we know how to and have faith in ourselves and our children.

So it is inevitable, she will grow up and my wish is that she will be everything she dreams of and that she will always rely on her Heavenly Father. (I also hope that she will always want her mommy, but that is my selfishness speaking).

6 comments:

meohmyers said...

I think all of us moms can relate to this post. I remember not too long ago I still had all my kids home with me and my oldest was only in preschool. It's so hard to let them go and grow up and start experiencing life without me 24/7. Just do what's right, be a good example and pray like crazy! J/K. :) It's hard watching our babies grow up into "real" people, isn't it!

Megan said...

I keep calling Sam a baby. One day my mom said, "hes a little boy now." What? How did that happen? It is fun to see them grow and learn and enjoy life. However, I realize how quickly time passes and I want to catch it.

Anonymous said...

OK so I'll quit stalking you now and actually leave a comment ;) I felt the same way recently looking at Lauren. She's growing up so dang fast and I'm just not ready for her not to be a baby anymore! I can already tell she wants to be so independant, but Garrett's always been such a mama's boy I'm not use to this!

Hope you have a great week and I'll see you this weekend! Yay for RETREAT!!!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my goodness, I can SO relate to this. My baby is almost five!! And especially knowing he may be my last...I have squeezed all the baby out of him. (But I still try :) And I know what you mean about the world. I dread the day it robs my sweet children of their innocence. That has been the hardest thing for me, sending Macy to school. But like you said, I just have to have faith and do the best I can when she is with me.

Shayla said...

I totally relate to this lately. I think that's the only time I really feel sad that I'm done having more, when I realize that my four year old isn't a baby anymore. We try to call her our baby, but she won't have any of it!

::lindsay said...

I totally relate to this as well. It's so hard for me to let all my kids grow up really. Jared and I try our best, but I hope it's enough too.