Today Kenny had a meeting for about an hour so I decided that we all should go with him and he could dump us off at a park nearby so the kids could play, with the intentions that following this meeting I could convince him we needed to do some shopping while we were out and about.
We found a quaint little park and with lots of shade and had the place all to ourselves the entire time. This park (which I will not share the location of) is very secluded with lots of shrubs, trees and privacy. It was really nice, the kids played I enjoyed helping them and just relaxed knowing that I wouldn't have to clean up any messes at home and we were all having a great time.
The kids were taking a break from the play toys and decided to play hide and seek in the bushes. They were having so much fun. Next thing I know, Landon perks his head up from behind a giant bush and yells "I need to be wiped mom!" I looked at him wide eyed and shocked only imagining what I would find on the other side of that bush! Yes, he had done it, pooped in the park. I asked him why he pooped in the park and he said "I had to go!" I than began to explain to him that people don't poop in parks or on the ground for that matter...unless they are camping in the woods, but then your bury it! He then proceeded to tell me that if the park had a potty he wouldn't have had to go in the bushes.
Anyway, I did have a mess on my hands after all...
So why is it that ALL parks with play areas do not have some sort of restroom? Kids have to go constantly and usually when they are playing and finally realize they need to go it is almost too late to make it to a potty stop!
I am just grateful that no one was there to witness this event unfolding.
11 comments:
That is hilarious! Don't worry, I won't report you to Parks & Rec, lol. It sounds too much like something my kids would do. Lately, when I take them to the pool, though it seems like my girls need to use the toilet every 15 minutes - aargh. Why can't they pee in the pool like every other kid - just kidding. Well, not so much , ha ha!
so funny, i haven't had that one yet. . . but did find a nice surprise floating in the tub the other day!
Oh my gosh!! This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! Not kids who poop in the park, mine have never done that, but parks with playgrounds and NO BATHROOMS!! It is insanity! If your kid has to go, you have to leave, and you'll never make it in time. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who hates this. I can't believe Landon just pooped right there. How funny! (This is almost as good as Poop in a Bag)
You stole my line, Alicia!
I was just going to say atleast this pooping episode wasn't encouraged by you, Brenda!
When you got to go, you got to go! Way to be resourceful, Landon!
You are cracking me up! That is so funny, I wouldve been so stressed about it-that someone would see. Well, when you gotta go, you gotta go!
I can't believe you're not going to share the location of the park! :-) I hope you had some kleenex on hand, now that is one thing I'd inevitably wouldn't have in a situation like that. I don't think I could get my girls to poop on the ground even if I tried, boys are so different. Thanks for the chuckle.
On the bright side - look at his initiative. He had a problem and took care of it. That's a positive, right?
I wholeheartedly agree with you about bathrooms at parks - but, I have learned over the years and pretty much avoid ones that don't have them and are too far from home.
The men who plan the parks need to talk to their wives first don't you think?
Great story Brenda...and yet another good reason to ALWAYS have wet wipes on hand even if you don't have anybody in diapers.
HILARIOUS!! I can just picture this little one looking up at you and thinking you are the one with problems ~ WHERE WAS I SUPPOSE TO GO MOM?!?!?
Obviously you were not in a Moses Lake Park as the Park & Rec directior works really hard to make sure there are plenty of facilities in his park!
Post a Comment