Here she is in her sling.
It has been a challenge to keep her wearing it correctly. She wants to use her hand and when she does that the sling comes off. She is very assertive and knows what she wants and that sling is not it! To sum it up, I don’t think it is doing anything to help. After adjusting it 10 times this morning, I made her day and took it off (Bad mommy, I know). There isn’t much they can do for a collarbone, but I have heard there is a harness that works better on little ones to keep the bone in place, while not restricting the use of their hands. I wasn’t impressed with the hospital staff that we saw. The Dr. was with us for 5 minutes at the most, we were there for almost 3 hours and I’m sure the bill will be seriously outrageous, (but, the x-ray techs were fabulous). Oh, well that is what we do here at the Murray house, pay for Doctors! Anyway, she still complains of pain once in a while, but seems to be almost normal. Tomorrow we visit her pediatrician and maybe she will give me some advice as far as a harness.
3 comments:
Ugh! It would be so frustrating to try to keep that sling on. I don't know of one single child that would keep that thing on them. Hopefully she can get the harness that you were talking about.
I feel so bad for poor little Chezney (and for you too - trying to keep it on her). Hopefully she'll heal super fast.
Poor little woman! The crazy things these kids do to us! ha! I hope things get better quickly!
Post a Comment